Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays! For me it is more than a day for me and my husband to indulge in romance, flowers, jewelry and sensual foods. I see it as great opportunity to tell my family & friends I love them too! Here's what I have planned: I've got a cute heart bunting that I made and put up next to pink tulips and paper whites and I'm planning on making a yummy steak and heart shape potatoes for dinner & I know Bill will love that! A can't forget a decadent dessert! I'm making heart shaped Boston cream cakes for us to enjoy together. Of course I'll  be wearing the new earrings my husband bought me! He also got me some cherry jam, cherry maple syrup and a jar of cherries when he was in Sturgeon Bay / Door County, WI yesterday. I do hope you have some wonderful plans for today too.
                                                                          
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Nothing says I love you more than a hand made Valentine! And here's mine! It's painting of me & my Valentine! Titled 'Be My Valentine'


~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Made with acrylic paint, book pages, a variety of papers, liquid gold leafing, red flocking & Collage Pauge.\
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
UPDATE: I thought you'd like to see a couple of pics of some the yummy food we ate! =)

Baked Potato Hearts with Piedmont Steak & Salad


Happy Valentines Day,
Stephie

1 comment:

  1. love your valentine! and those heart cakes look delicious! thanks for the inspiration :)

    -juliette

    ReplyDelete