Monday, May 10, 2010

Tell Your Story Journal Page - May 4, 2010 - A Closer Look

"Tell Your Story"

I will be posting a journal page a day! While I'm taking an online class, through Red Velvet Art (RVA), called Tell Your Story. (registration is closed) It is a 6 week class so, I'll be posting one page a day to my blog for the six weeks.

This will be a visual journey of self reflection via mixed media collage and a personal challenge...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
 
A Closer Look... can also be viewed on flickr, along with comments from other class members...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


With this art journal page I'm taking A Closer Look at my best friend of 14 years & my husband of 7 years, Bill.One of the nicest guys I've ever met. He has a great sense of humor, an amazing sense of direction and really knows a lot about history. He's traveled to places like Canada, Italy, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Ireland & Spain. Someday we hope to travel together.

He's a pretty cool guy and he dresses really nice. Sometimes he shops on Ebay for nice suits and finds great stuff for good deals.When I go thrift store shopping I like to buy him brand name ties. Recently I found him a brand new, with tags, Brooks Brothers tie. He found a new Ralph Lauren purple label suit in his size! We use a garment steamer to freshen them up rather than dry cleaning. Combine steaming with hanging them on the line, for a day or so, it makes clothes smell better, too.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

How I made this AJ page: I have lots of maps and old text books but didn't want to cut them up... so I scanned in the page I wanted to use. I printed the map directly onto watercolor paper. Then antiqued it with acrylic washes. I printed the text book page onto plain paper and gave it a blue wash (Bill's favorite color).


I used a yellow paint chip to hand write a poem Bill wrote me (with his permission). This photo is from our wedding day. The flowers in my bouquet were fresh cut from our garden the night before our wedding.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ingredients: printer, page from a chemistry text book, scrapbook paper, doily, drink umbrella, acrylic paint, magazine page, 'deco fabric' pens, marker, pen, stamp & ink, silver leaf pen, glue.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Please look but don't copy.
All comments, thoughts and constructive criticisms welcome!


xoxo,
Blueberry Blonde

No comments:

Post a Comment