Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tell Your Story Journal Page - May 6, 2010 - Visual Texture

"Tell Your Story"

I will be posting a journal page a day! While I'm taking an online class, through Red Velvet Art (RVA), called Tell Your Story. (registration is closed) It is a 6 week class so, I'll be posting one page a day to my blog for the six weeks.

This will be a visual journey of self reflection via mixed media collage and a personal challenge...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Visual Texture... can also be viewed on flickr, along with comments from other class members...
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Visual Texture

For this AJ page I instantly went to my clothing catalogs that were set aside for recycling. Where else can I find a huge variety of color and texture?

I found one page of a model standing next to a wonderfully textured brick wall so I ripped it out and used the wall. I love brick. My house is brick!

Then I found the line up of blue jeans and had to include them!

While making this page I was listening to the soundtrack for a show called Misfits - which I love! love! love! (the show and the music) So, I included lyrics that were playing in the background: "There's no secret to living" and "Sun goes down temperature drops"

I also included a to do list for the day:
  • Post to blog (done). 
  • Reorganize craft room (mostly done). 
  • Cut fabric (did some of that) 
  • Put on a fake tattoo (glow in the dark no less! - see second photo)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My thoughts: This is my first attempt at this... so I used a similar format as the sample page. Plus I like clouds and raindrops... But after viewing other class members AJ pages I was very impressed with how everyone else interpreted this theme. I think there are many possibilities with this technique that I have not yet explored and will definitely try it again.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ingredients: bits of various magazines, acrylic wash, marker, photos, song lyrics, a to do list for today... including images of Woodstock being hugged by Snoopy, Goonies Never Say Die, Grateful Dead, Hello Kitty "I Love Nerds", George Rodrigue's Blue Dog, various clothing and shoes, as well as a photo of me & Bill on our wedding day...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Please look but don't copy.
All comments, thoughts and constructive criticisms welcome!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

xoxo,
Blueberry Blonde

No comments:

Post a Comment