Monday, May 3, 2010

Tell Your Story Journal Page - April 27, 2010 - Today Felt

"Tell Your Story"

I will be posting a journal page a day! While I'm taking an online class, through Red Velvet Art (RVA), called Tell Your Story. (registration is closed) It is a 6 week class so, I'll be posting one page a day to my blog for the six weeks.

This will be a visual journey of self reflection via mixed media collage and a personal challenge..

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Today Felt... can also be seen on my flickr page (and comments from other class members can be seen there)

 -----
Here's what it says:
Today Felt interesting yet somehow mundane in a good way...

Took my pup to the vet for his rabies shot.

Met with the pest control guy.

Spent the day with my niece, we made art & a cloud pillow.

Clouds are my new happy place.

Also took care of Bill ~ he's got strep throat...

I also listed a new item on my Etsy page a cute yellow bird. I renewed a doll - the Red Haired Fairy doll.

Wrote Emails. Did dishes.

I wanted to add 'cogs' to my cloud so we can 'see' how lightening is made... well, how *I* imagine it's made.

The two kids are from a Ntnl Geographic article on Han's Christen Anderson   ooops... hee-hee! Grimm's Fairy tales.

Someday I'd like to visit Germany & tour the "Trail of the Brothers Grimm". Should be fun! Creepy, good, fun!

-----
Cool tones... Blues! Purples! This my attempt at a monochromatic background... not easy for me!

I felt there wasn't enough space for text so my solution was to use practice paper in the shape of a rain cloud. Of course then I needed raindrops and some lightening...

Then I imagined how lightening is made...
--------
Details about what you're seeing:
The big juicy droplets of water (they look nicer here than in RL) are scrapbook paper & the white reflection part is made with correction fluid pen! (best tool EVER!)






The lightening is yellow marker outlined in gold sparkle pen

I added 'stitching' all around the triangles and around the cloud (really it is just done with permanent marker)

I went over the whole thing with very watered down blue acrylic paint on a paper towel! it gave it a great effect!

I love rain! I love clouds! I even like them when I'm out camping!

I know I'm weird... but I just love the sound of rain on my tent or our tin roof! And the smell and the fresh air!

I also love when the sun shines after a rain. It fills me with wonder and I feel like a kid again! Our planet is an amazing place to live...

-------
Please look but don't copy.
All comments, thoughts and constructive criticisms welcome!
-------

xoxo,
Blueberry Blonde

No comments:

Post a Comment