Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tell Your Story Journal Page - May 3, 2010 - When My Mind Wanders

"Tell Your Story"

I will be posting a journal page a day! While I'm taking an online class, through Red Velvet Art (RVA), called Tell Your Story. (registration is closed) It is a 6 week class so, I'll be posting one page a day to my blog for the six weeks.

This will be a visual journey of self reflection via mixed media collage and a personal challenge...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Says: When my mind wanders my thoughts are fragmented. Silly. I desire to create. Nap, Dream. Play. Be.

Random phrases say: Miranda. This awesome skull. shadows author. shout out. July Winnie Cooper. a secret retro stewardesses day. hoodies history of Debbie. DIY actor. craft tip. fall auteur tigra. Harry up. fly girls. dark sparkly lady doo-wop coctail do.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I received this vintage-y fabric in the mail today via a fabric swap (I'll be blogging about the fabric swap soon) and right when I saw it knew that I'd use it in my AJ today!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I used a cover of BUST magazine for this entire page.
Back issues are here: www.bustboobtique.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&produ...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

More information on the creating of this work of art:

I used the cut up method for getting the randomized groups of text. I discovered this technique years ago when I read Minutes to Go by Brion Gysin (I looked for a link to a copy of this book, but can't find one to share with you, sorry). I have used the technique years ago and was inspired to use the technique for this project on the wanderings of the mind.

Briefly explained: I limited myself to using only text that appeared on the front cover of BUST magazine. I cut each word out. Put them in a container, and prior to pulling word or pinched a few words I'd shake it. Then arrange them on the page.

For more detailed information on the cut up method check out UBU Web and Wiki

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Other elements: tape, silver pen, pen, glue, ric-rac, stamp

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I love the bright colors!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Please look but don't copy.
All comments, thoughts and constructive criticisms welcome!

xoxo,
Blueberry Blonde

No comments:

Post a Comment