Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tell Your Story Journal Page - May 2, 2010 - Dream List

"Tell Your Story"

I will be posting a journal page a day! While I'm taking an online class, through Red Velvet Art (RVA), called Tell Your Story. (registration is closed) It is a 6 week class so, I'll be posting one page a day to my blog for the six weeks.

This will be a visual journey of self reflection via mixed media collage and a personal challenge...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I chose a simple background. I hand stamped with a 'dream' stamp over and over and embossed those in white. Then mixed a pistachio green from acrylic paint & washed it over the text. The foreground has few elements and is interactive.

I have lots of great fabrics it was difficult to choose only 9! I used my own handwriting style for the lettering. I outlined each several times in white Deco Fabric marker.

I chose to use a white paper doily for the trim around the circle of polka-dot, collage paper.

I have cut up two different paint chips, 12 chips in all, and rounded all the corners. They are held together by a silver, square, brad and swivel freely.

I glued in a Jonathan Meader book mark - which I always thought of as dreamy, since it always falls out of my books... now, I hope, it stays in place!

The paint chips briefly state things I actually dream: I dream in colour. I can fly at will. I solve mysteries. I travel the globe. Dance & sing. Invent. Love eternally. Get lost. Make art with Andy Warhol. Talk to animals & they talk to me. Have babies. Dream.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Please look but don't copy.
All comments, thoughts and constructive criticisms welcome!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

xoxo,
Blueberry Blonde

3 comments:

  1. Hi!! Stopping by as a classmate from the Tell Your Story class. I saw your pages on the class Flickr and LOVE them!! Your doing a great job! Hope you have an awesome weekend!!
    Very cute blog btw :D
    xoxo,
    Lindsay
    http://www.bearypixie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. stephanie,i'm n elsie's class 2, that's how i found ur blog thru the flickr site. but i'm behind on my pgs & haven't signed n their yet. i am diggin ur pg w/the fake tattoos. was that the magazine printed paper n the shape of raindrops? based on the blue haired doll pic i thought u would B a grandma(HA!) NEway ur 1 of my fav artists n the class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey ladies! =D thanks for stopping by my blog & leaving me heart warming comments! I'll look for you two in the RVA class. All the best! ~Stephie (Blueberry Blonde)

    @Lindsay: I'm happy you are liking my AJ pages, I hope that I can keep making neat pages that inspire others!

    @Teddi: Hope you can make some neat AJ pages, I look forward to seeing them. I'm glad you found my blog and that you like my fake tattoos =) (I'm too chicken to get a real one and because I like to change my mind a lot fake tattoos are very appealing to me). The raindrop AJ page was cut from magazines, catalogs, and a photo; thanks for asking. Haha, I never thought that the blue noggin may be cause someone to think I was a granny... how cute! I'm really 30-something.

    ReplyDelete