Saturday, May 22, 2010

Tell Your Story - Journal Page - May 16, 2010 - Happy Day - Bad Day

"Tell Your Story"

I will be posting a journal page a day! While I'm taking an online class, through Red Velvet Art (RVA), called Tell Your Story. (registration is closed) It is a 6 week class so, I'll be posting one page a day to my blog for the six weeks.

This will be a visual journey of self reflection via mixed media collage and a personal challenge...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
 
 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Says: (regarding the day this photo was taken - which was in the late 90's) 
This was a happy day. I spent the day at the MN State Fair with my family. My brother & his wife & kids. Plus my niece, my sister & mum. We did way too much walking. Plenty of resting. Endless amounts of sight seeing. We ate and went on some rides. I took pictures. My favorite place at the State Fair is the Midway. I love watching people play games & win prizes. I love all the rides. I usually ride the Ferris Wheel because it is a great way to see for along distance & I try to get some photos, too... My favorite food to eat at the State Fair is Pizzelles. Once I spent an hour traveling from one side of the fir grounds to the complete opposite side just to eat ONE! I was worth it. =) I also enjoy the indoor exhibits. I try to see the art if any... One day at the fair is great, but if you stay long enough (until after dark)  all the beautiful lights go on & a whole new world to explore opens up.... even my photos become more interesting as well as more challenging to take... I guess every time I've been to the fair is my favorite...
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ingredients: glitter, tickets, collage papers, glues, craft mesh, pen, tissue paper, photo, photo corners, gold embroidery floss, four clear post its, gold trim, rubber cement resist, blue acrylic wash, embroidery needle

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Please look but don't copy.
All comments, thoughts and constructive criticisms welcome!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Here's page two: Sad Day...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

says: I've had my share of Bad Days. They come / they go. I live & learn. Anne of Green Gables says "Today is a new day with no mistakes in it yet." And I believe that is true. We are always getting another chance... What is important is how we choose to take it. Ticket to opportunity. Memories worth enduring.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

ingredients: acrylic paint, collage papers, magazine page, pen, dragon stamp (on cheek) chalk, ticket, cupcake shape, felt, skull trim, glues, jumbo raindots (by cloud 9 design), blue netting, hounds-tooth, packing tape trim, canceled postage.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Please look but don't copy.
All comments, thoughts and constructive criticisms welcome!

xoxo,
Blueberry Blonde

No comments:

Post a Comment