Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tell Your Story Journal Page - April 28, 2010 - I Want

"Tell Your Story"

I will be posting a journal page a day! While I'm taking an online class, through Red Velvet Art (RVA), called Tell Your Story. (registration is closed) It is a 6 week class so, I'll be posting one page a day to my blog for the six weeks.

This will be a visual journey of self reflection via mixed media collage and a personal challenge..

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I Want... can be seen on my flickr page along with comments from other class members... 

~  ~  ~  ~  ~ View 1 ~  ~  ~  ~  ~


~  ~  ~  ~  ~ View 2 ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

~  ~  ~  ~  ~ View 3 ~  ~  ~  ~  ~


~  ~  ~  ~  ~

I chose to use three views on this page as the envelope element can be flipped back & forth.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Here's what I've written:
  • I want to travel (top left: over the earth)
  • I want to look at the moon forever (top right: over the image of the moon)
  • I want to learn to illustrate (under the moon image)
  • I want to make beautiful things from hounds tooth (far right edge)
  • I want to doodle... (bottom right: I made a doodle in MS Paint then printed it on to the page. I built the rest of the page around it)
  • I want to love and to be loved (center right: speech bubble)
  • I wan to create art that inspires (center: speech bubble)
  • I want to love myself more (center left: speech bubble)
  • I want to remember the loved ones I have lost... (center & just below the face of the winged leopard baby wearing a crown of silver & leaves)
  • grand ma, grand pa, dad, aunt, grand ma, Andy W, Paul D (bottom right: inside the hearts)
  • I want to write more (across the bottom: next to the stamped envelope shapes)
  • I want to write myself a message today for "future me" to read (left hand side next to striped envelope)
  • I want to become the woman I am destined to be! (left hand side next to striped envelope)
  • The front of the envelope detail says: From yourself in the year 2010
  • The the front of the envelope detail also says: To: Future me. Don't open until 2024
  • The back of the envelope detail says:
     TOPSE
     CRETS
~  ~  ~  ~  ~

* I've made a note regarding this last element (on the envelope back) that says:  I just had to write in gold leaf pen... and use red for the background... hmmmm. I may change it to light yellow like the front ....or maybe I'll write over it in black marker... dunno (yes it's a reference to the movie 23)

~  ~  ~  ~  ~
Ingredients: magazine pages, acrylic wash, pen, ink, store bought & hand carved stamps, gold leaf pen, MS Paint doodle printed with printer ink, cut and torn scrap book paper, heart shaped punch, hole puncher, paper reinforcements.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Thanks for stopping by.

xoxo,
Blueberry Blonde

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Please look but don't copy.
All comments, thoughts and constructive criticisms welcome!

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment