Friday, May 21, 2010

Tell Your Story - Journal Page - May 15, 2010 - Past Three Years

"Tell Your Story"

I will be posting a journal page a day! While I'm taking an online class, through Red Velvet Art (RVA), called Tell Your Story. (registration is closed) It is a 6 week class so, I'll be posting one page a day to my blog for the six weeks.

This will be a visual journey of self reflection via mixed media collage and a personal challenge...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Says: The past three years have been difficult... the most challenging years of my life (our lives). I want to move forward. (I also drew an infinity symbol)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Ingredients: dark purple tissue paper torn into strips; light, floral, purple tissue paper; wrapping paper; photograph of a leafy statue I took at the MN Renaissance Fest in 2000; painting by Jose Bedia 2010 called (Caminemos Juntos) Lets Walk Together; lined note paper, pen and glues.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
The past three years have been the most difficult. When I saw Jose Bedia's painting I knew it would help me express my emotions during this time. 
 
While the painting itself may have different meaning to Mr.Bedia, I chose to use it represent an emotional landscape. For me this time was filled with sadness, fear, doubt, worry, grief, sorrow, pain...
 
When I looked at the painting I saw this couple and they appeared so tiny compared to the landscape. It looks as if they may be leaving something negative behind and heading towards something positive. The wisp in the sky seems to be guiding them. In retrospect that is how it was. I added the leafy figure to reinforce this.
 
I'd rather not discuss what was actually going on, as it is too personal to discuss here in public forum. If you are concerned please, take comfort in knowing that that time has passed and life is much improved. We are stronger now and life, once again, is wonderful.

We can choose our path in life but we don't always get a choice in what happens along the way. What we can choose is our reactions to those happenings. Surrounding one's self with those you love & trust will be one more tool we can use to get us through life's up's and down's. Life always has ups and downs. Be prepared.

I want to thank everyone who was there for us during this time. You know who you are, so thanks. Your love and support was much needed and of great comfort to us both.
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Please look but don't copy.
All comments, thoughts and constructive criticisms welcome!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
xoxo,
Blueberry Blonde

No comments:

Post a Comment